wMillion Poems

Copyright Jordan Davis.



wArchives:


-- HOME --



wPlig Bong

(* = pinged in last 12 hrs)



wPeaceful Acres Home for Resting Blogs

Dale Smith
David Cameron
Franklin Bruno
James Meetze
John Latta
Julia Mayhew
Keith Harris
Marianne Shaneen
Sarah Rehmer
Wyatt Bonikowski





This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wMonday, January 31, 2005




I sent the fiddle packing
You made the mascara run
We sat down to the hard work
Of who to blame for fun

It was a little before
You couldn't break the news
That we couldn't have the money
You'd been keeping in your shoes

That was when I stopped trying
To be friends with the real world

I got back to fighting shape
You explained what mash notes are
I wouldn't squash that grape
You wouldn't go that far

You said, sweet feet, listen
Let's run with the salmon
I said creole waltz,
Let's get in the car and drive up to the Schwangunks

And that was when I stopped trying
To write American songs
And looked back in the morning
At what could and could not be



posted by Jordan #