wMillion Poems

Copyright Jordan Davis.



wArchives:


-- HOME --



wPlig Bong

(* = pinged in last 12 hrs)



wPeaceful Acres Home for Resting Blogs

Dale Smith
David Cameron
Franklin Bruno
James Meetze
John Latta
Julia Mayhew
Keith Harris
Marianne Shaneen
Sarah Rehmer
Wyatt Bonikowski





This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wThursday, January 26, 2006


1823

I graced the parkbench
With as much machismo
As a jar of maraschinos
Has pink

My collar turned up
And my headphones
Set to a safe level

Life is like a box
Of detective novels
Or anyway I'd rather
Those fell off the truck

Than chocolates
Or fluorescent tubes

No one worth noticing
Was walking on that sidestreet
So I took a cab
Past the aircraft carrier

It was done up for Christmas
A stocking on every nosecone
A tree spinning on an awac

The bridge gave off
A ghostly glow
A granddad's office
Of muzak and cold light

I remembered the Alamo and the Maine
And that only I can prevent forest fires

A time without truth
Being a kind of blaze


posted by Jordan #