wMillion Poems

Copyright Jordan Davis.



wArchives:


-- HOME --



wPlig Bong

(* = pinged in last 12 hrs)



wPeaceful Acres Home for Resting Blogs

Dale Smith
David Cameron
Franklin Bruno
James Meetze
John Latta
Julia Mayhew
Keith Harris
Marianne Shaneen
Sarah Rehmer
Wyatt Bonikowski





This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wThursday, September 16, 2004


1440

PABLO ESCOBAR SHOPPING T-SHIRT

What I didn't know when I put on my Tims
Was the groundhog was hiding from his creditors

All it took for that farmer to sell me on his zucchini bread
Was to exclaim in a stage voice how damn good it was

So I got out into this public space
Where I had no choice but to articulate

My varying resistance and acquiescence
To the alleged facts and context

As presented by an unseen voiceover
Whom I gathered wasn't going to be my friend

My beautiful land
Exploited endlessly
For establishing shots
Nobody saying two words
About the ritual slaying

The Republican headquarters
Next door to the $0.99 store

So what! is what politics
Wants us to grow into

It wants to protect us
From an even greater false feeling




posted by Jordan #