wMillion Poems

Copyright Jordan Davis.



wArchives:


-- HOME --



wPlig Bong

(* = pinged in last 12 hrs)



wPeaceful Acres Home for Resting Blogs

Dale Smith
David Cameron
Franklin Bruno
James Meetze
John Latta
Julia Mayhew
Keith Harris
Marianne Shaneen
Sarah Rehmer
Wyatt Bonikowski





This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wWednesday, September 07, 2005


1715

A playwright workshop in New London.

CASEY: Yeah I don't care about that.

MILLER: Tell me something else I don't already know.

CASEY: We don't need more negative noodling.

CHURCHILL: God how much energy it takes
Just to say one thing with all these nudniks
Breathing and complaining. But I am alive!

OVID: Big deal, alive.

(RIDING): Big deal, alive.

CHURCHILL: And yet, I'm half aware that these voices
At this table are all my own voice, all my own wish
To be held back from some imminent disaster...

BOWLES: Morning feelings, the warmth of sheets
With an angry woman not yet conscious next to you --

BARNES: Why do these children write poems
About their grandparents? Why are they not
Stealing diamonds on horseback? But the beer drinkers
Seem to be the ones who attract crowds.

WEINSTEIN: The problem, if it is a problem,
Is that as Frank said, you can't really send a message,
Or maybe it was Sam Goldwyn. No, he was
"Writers are schmucks with Underwoods."

THOMAS: I spilled a glass on my writing table
And wrote Under Milk Wood.

ELIOT: I spooked myself with my poems
And turned to counterfeiting Nick and Nora
For the conflicted Unitarian set.

ELECTRA: The only song anyone wants to hear
Is the one sung out of impossible love.

DARNIELLE: The death instinct feels pretty good,
Apparently. As does everything nearly feral.

CASEY: And you bring in too many characters!

MILLER: Too many characters.

CHURCHILL: I bring in my feelings of escape
And release, of lifting my head and speaking up.


posted by Jordan #